The purpose of the Noah Z.M. Goetz Foundation Grant Program is to help couples and individuals offset the costs of an infant domestic adoption by providing discretionary funds which may be used in any way the recipient feels will help them the most. Examples include, but are not limited to: adoption agency fees, legal fees (birth parent representation, adoptive parent representations, etc.), administrative costs (faxing notarizing, mailing, creation of profile), travel costs (transportation, lodging, meals, gas, and baby care necessities), finalization fees, and post-placement report fees.
Grants in the amount of $1,000 are awarded directly to the recipient(s) and there are four application cycles per calendar year (February, May, August, and November).
To date, the Foundation has awarded 11 grants.
For applicants who are a couple: At least one partner must have been treated for infertility or secondary infertility without success
For applicants who are single: The applicant must have been treated for infertility or secondary infertility without success
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Are U.S. citizens and have permanent residence within the state of North Carolina
- Have completed infertility treatment(s) beyond the initial consultation of a doctor
- Have completed a valid home study within the last 12 months (to be submitted with their grant application)
There is no fee to apply.
Upcoming grant funding cycles with postmarked application deadlines are:
- February 15, 2015 (notification by March 15)
- May 15, 2015 (notification by June 15)
- August 15, 2015 (notification by September 15)
- November 15, 2015 (notification by December 15)
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only respond to inquires about the grant program via e-mail.