The purpose of the Noah Z.M. Goetz Foundation Grant Program is to help couples and individuals offset the costs of an infant domestic adoption by providing discretionary funds which may be used in any way the recipient feels will help them the most. Examples include, but are not limited to: adoption agency fees, legal fees (birth parent representation, adoptive parent representations, etc.), administrative costs (faxing notarizing, mailing, creation of profile), travel costs (transportation, lodging, meals, gas, and baby care necessities), finalization fees, and post-placement report fees.
Couples and individuals eligible to receive a grant from the Foundation must meet all of the following criteria:
- Are U.S. citizens and have permanent residence within the state of North Carolina
- Are undergoing or have previously completed infertility treatment(s)
- Do not already have children
- Have completed a valid home study within the last 12 months
- Have completed both of the Noah Z.M. Goetz Foundation Education Program modules, Domestic Adoption 101 and Domestic Adoption 102
Grants in the amount of $1,000 are awarded directly to the recipient(s) and there are four application cycles per calendar year (February, May, August, and November). To date, the Foundation has awarded 11 grants.
There is no fee to apply.
Upcoming grant funding cycles with postmarked application deadlines are:
- February 15, 2015
- May 15, 2015
- August 15, 2015
- November 15, 2015
For each grant funding cycle, awards are announced on or around the first of the following month of application.
Download the 2015 Noah Z.M. Goetz Foundation Grant Program application by clicking here.
For more information, please call (800) 407-1690 or e-mail email@example.com.