The NZMG Foundation Education Program is a two-module, one-on-one training. The goal of the program is to provide participants with up to date and relevant infant domestic adoption information so they may make an informed decision about pursuing adoption as a way to build their family. Participation is limited to residents of North Carolina who have gone through or are currently undergoing infertility treatment and who do not already have children of their own. The program is free to all participants.
Domestic Adoption 101
This module provides participants with initial information about the infant domestic adoption process to determine whether they wish to pursue adoption. The length of the module is approximately two hours and topics include:
• Overview of the Foundation’s work and goals
• Structure of infant domestic adoption and how it works
• Legal issues and concerns
• Financing and budgeting for adoption
• Addressing the specific needs and concerns of the participants
• Determining if participants are ready to begin the process
To view a free, 17 minute abbreviated version of “Domestic Adoption 101,” presented by NZMG Foundation president & co-founder, Parul Patel, and recently produced as part of the Pay It Forward Fertility Foundation’s On-Line Video Library, please click here. You will be directed to the home page of the library.
Domestic Adoption Process Education
This module provides participants with detailed information about the infant domestic adoption process and outlines the specific steps to follow. It is intended for couples or individuals who have either completed the first module or have chosen to pursue domestic adoption as the way to build their family.
The length of this module is approximately four hours and topics include:
• Infant domestic adoption process from beginning to end
• Fees associated with infant domestic adoption
• The home study
• Document and clearance requirements
For more information or to participate in the program, please call (800) 407-1690 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.